Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a locker at the Courtauld?


Lockers tend to be snapped up very quickly at the beginning of term. However if you would like to check to see if there are any available, please contact Facilities Manager or Alternatively go and visit the Facilities office on the ground floor opposite the staff common room.



How do I get on the payroll?


Students do not need to be on payroll in order to apply for a job if they wish to work at the Courtauld. However when The Courtauld are recruiting someone on a short notice they do not have sufficient time to  make the necessary checks (right to work in the UK) and formalities (issuing paperwork and contract) which is why they often prioritise people who are already on payroll.


However if the job role in question is not urgent then any one may apply and then, if you are hired, you get to sign a contract and get added on payroll.



How do I get my Art Fund Pass?


Art Fund Passes are issued  near the beginning of the Autumn Term. Students will receive an email requesting them to sign up for their complementary Art Fund Pass when they become available. If you have any questions regarding Art Fund Passes please contact Associate Dean for Students



How do I get an NUS Extra Card?


NUS Extra Cards become available to students as soon as you have enrolled on your course and got your student email address. Simply go to their website and sign up. Cards will be sent to the Student Union office unless otherwise specified.

1, 2 and 3 year NUS Extra Cards are available to buy at any point in your academic career, meaning if you buy a 3 year card in your third year, you will be able to receive student discounts 2 years after you graduate!



How do I book a room in the Courtauld?


If you run a society or want to hold a meeting or event in the Courtauld and require a room, please contact the SU President with the date, time and room you require and she will do her best to find a suitable space for you.



Who do I contact when I have IT difficulties?


Email the IT Desk and a member of the IT team will reply as soon as they can. Alternatively, you can go and visit the IT offices you are having any form of IT related difficulties - logging in, email problems, printing issues, please contact in the ground floor of the library underneath the computer suite. 



I cycle to university, are there bike racks I can use?


There are plenty of cycle racks at Vernon Square for student and staff use.

Contact Us


Our office hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday

0203 947 7676

Level 2

Courtauld Institute of Art

Vernon Square

Penton Rise